Baby Shower Checklist
Below you will find our simple, easy to follow 5-week baby shower checklist.
It is designed to guide you through the process of planning a baby shower.
Colored words are sprinkled throughout the baby shower checklist.
These are clickable links that lead to extra-cute baby shower ideas and tips!
Have fun and be inspired!
(New! be sure to scroll down the page - we just added a new printable "diaper bag essentials" checklist)
Printable Checklist PDF File
Click here to download and print the checklist
5 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
- meet with the mom-to-be for coffee (she'll likely be having decaf)
- have her put together a guest list along with addresses
- decide on a convenient date and time for her
- jot down a list of her favorite foods (to give you ideas for planning the baby shower menu)
- find out if she is registered at any baby supply stores
- find out the gender of the baby (if known) & any nursery themes or colors (this will give you some baby shower decorating ideas)
4 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
- if friends or family members are helping, ask what they would like to be in charge of (favors, invites, food items, etc.)
- choose and address the baby shower invitations
- plan the baby shower menu (easy to make items such as appetizers, punch, snacks, etc.)
3 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
2 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
- choose decorations to coordinate with the overall baby shower theme
- finalize games and prizes - gather or shop for needed items
- shop for cute baby shower cups, plates, napkins, etc.
1 Week Before The Baby Shower
- order cake
- order catering or shop for menu items
- make reservations (if at a restaurant)
- touch base with helpers
- pick up your baby shower gift to baby along with card and gift bag
Day Of The Baby Shower
- pick-up a bundle of colorful helium balloons
- decorate for the big event
- set-up chairs
- have helpers arrive early to bring food, help decorate, etc.
- pick-up cake (unless you made it yourself)
- make some of our popular baby shower punch
- tie-up any last minute details
Isn't this a simple baby shower checklist? Not much to it and no need to feel overwhelmed.
Below are some simple and sweet little gestures to make the new mommy feel extra special at her baby shower
- Have a big comfy chair waiting for her to sit in.
- Ask someone if they can jot down who all of the gifts are from.
- Pre-address some thank-you cards for her, to make writing thank yous a snap (or have each guest address an envelope with their info)
- Don't let mom carry any presents to her car - round up the shower gang to do the lifting!
- Have a cute gift basket for the mom-to-be full of slippers, bubble bath, candles & a soothing CD.
- Big brothers and sisters may be feeling a little left out. Treat them to a basket full of books, crayons and bubbles!
- Brush up on your Baby Shower Etiquette: What to do and what not to do
Diaper Bag Checklist
We created a free printable diaper bag checklist that you can print
off and tuck inside your baby shower gift for the mom-to-be at her baby
The perfect gift idea would be to get her that designer
diaper back she has been eyeing and filling it with all of the "new
baby" essentials! Then include the checklist so she can always be
stocked with the important "new baby items!"
Diaper bags are usually overflowing with all kinds of crazy things -
especially if you have other children. There can be iPads, Kindles,
iPhones, strange snacks from a week ago, juice boxes, you name
When you bring a new baby home you want the new diaper bag to
stay clean and organized as long as possible. Below is a list to keep it
well stocked and some tips for keeping it free from mysterious food
Top 20 Diaper Bag Essentials
- Extra Outfit(s)
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Powdered Formula Packets
- Bottled Water
- Teething Gel
- Baby Nail Clippers
- Mom items: wallet, cell phone,
An easy way to stay organized and keep the clutter down to a minimum
is to clean out the diaper bag after each outing. It is easier said than
done but it really does help.
Also, if you have other children, fill a small bag with items they
will need such as snacks and toys and tuck it into the diaper bag. This
way their items stay separate from the baby's items.
Tuck your cell phone, lip gloss, wallet, etc into a side pocket or a mini purse.
Print this handy baby Diaper Bag Checklist off by clicking here
Get a FREE Printable Baby Care Tips Sheet Here
Free Printable Baby Shower Corsage Tags
Click on the picture above to see our cute ideas for making baby shower corsages and download your free tags!
› Baby Shower Checklist