The Cutest Baby Shower Duck Theme Ideas
Are you ready for a "Duck Baby Shower" extravaganza?
Below are some extra-cute ducky decorating ideas to help you plan the cutest baby shower ever!
You will find tons of ideas for hosting a cute ducky-themed baby shower! They will inspire you and get your creative juices flowing!
The Duck Theme goes hand in hand with bath time which makes decorating even more fun!
Cute Baby Shower Duck Theme Ideas
Diaper cakes make perfect baby
shower centerpieces - and you can give them to the mom-to-be as a gift
at the end of the baby shower!
A great way to incorporate the
diaper cake into the shower - and also a fun twist to the traditional baby shower memory game is to: add a few essential
baby items to the diaper cake such as booties, lotion, baby shampoo,
Tell everyone to take a look at the cute diaper cake -
then take the cake out of the room and have the guests write down what
was on the diaper cake. The person with the most right wins a baby shower prize!
The Best Baby Shower Game For A Ducky-Themed Baby Shower
Have you heard of the "Name That Duck" baby shower game? It's pretty cute and is a fan favorite! So we thought we'd write it all out so you can play it at your shower!
- All you need is a sheet of paper and a pen for each guest.
- Then tell the players to write down every kind of duck they can think of. This includes everything from mallard, comb duck, and even fictional ducks like Donald Duck.
- Give players 2 minutes to think of all the duck names they can come up with. The player with the most at the end of the 2 minutes wins a prize!
- Here are a list of some popular ducks:
-The Aflac Duck
-The Ugly Duckling
-Huey, Duey and Louie and Phooey Duck
-Ferdinand from the movie Babe
-The Mighty Ducks
-Anaheim Ducks (NHL team)
-Ming-Ming from Wonderpets
-Quacker from Tom & Jerry
Fun Duck-Themed Food Ideas
- Serve crackers and cheese, only make up a little table sign saying
"quackers and cheese" and set it next to the appetizers. If you want to
get extra-creative, use a mini duck cookie cutter and cut the cheese
into little ducks.
- Often times when you go to the park, you
bring bread to feed the ducks. With this idea in mind, take a large loaf
of french bread and hollow it out, saving the insides. Fill the bread
bowl with spinach dip (you can find the recipe on the package of Knorr
vegetable dip). Place all of the bread pieces in a bowl and add a cute
sign that says "Please Don't Feed The Ducks!"
- Get some cute yellow and blue dishes, fill them with goldfish crackers and label them "Duck Food"
- Make up some duck sugar cookies and frost them bright yellow. Serve them as a snack or wrap up and give as simple party favors.
- Float mini rubber duckies (found at dollar stores) in the guests' water glasses - looks extra cute when served in wine glasses! (hint: prior to shower, rinse ducks off with water to get rid of any plastic taste.)
- Make some blue finger jello, cut into squares, add a dab of whip cream and top with a mini rubber ducky.
- Have mini rubber duckies swimming in a punch bowl filled with blue "Ducky Punch" - Get the recipe here
This Cute Ducky Punch picture comes from TidyMom.net
Duck Baby Shower Games
- I played this clever and easy game at a baby shower a couple of years ago and everyone loved it! Start by filling a large galvanized tub with water. Using a Sharpie pen, number the bottom of several rubber duckies and place them in the tub. When guests arrive give them a little piece of paper with a number on it. Throughout the shower, draw ducks from the tub and call out the number. The guest with the number called, wins a prize. - The little ducks were also everyone's favors to take home.
- We made some cute printable duck baby shower supplies just for you! There are print from home water bottle labels, favor tags and even printable baby shower games! They can be found at our printable baby shower shop!
Duck Decorations & Supplies
Cute ducky centerpiece picture from HWTM.com
- For the cutest centerpiece idea...fill a round vase with Styrofoam or ping pong balls to resemble bubbles (you can also use clear ornament balls) ~ add a cute rubber ducky on top!
- For an elegant look, use a white or cream colored fabric tablecloth. Lay down some yellow tulle and sprinkle daisies and babies breath around the table.
- Tie a big yellow bow to the chair the mom-to-be will sit in.
- Jazz up your tableware by using yellow or blue plates, cups, napkins and utensils or use cute duck-themed supplies.
- Pass out some cute baby shower duck favors such as mint tins, duck soaps, duck bath fizzies or duck candy bars with the shower info printed on them.
- Another cute and simple favor idea is to hand out mini bottles of "bubble bath" along with a cute washcloth wrapped around it - tie with a cute ribbon! You can also attach a favor tag to the favor that says "From Our Shower to yours!"
Duck Baby Shower Cakes
See tons of Duck-Themed Baby Shower Cakes
made by our talented readers!
Return from "Baby Shower Duck Theme" Page -
See more Theme Ideas