the best Swig Sugar Cookie - Copycat recipe
If you are a sugar cookie lover like me, you must add these to your collection asap!
I think my favorite part about them is a hint of almond which sets them apart from other sugar cookies.
They also stay soft and melt in your mouth! SO delicious!
These cookies are also PERFECT for a baby shower! You can change the frosting color to match any baby shower theme. Pink, blue, yellow, green!
Another cute idea is to package up 2-3 cookies in a favor bag or box and give to guests as baby shower favors! So cost effective and sweet. And your guests will love them and probably ask you for the recipe.
COPYCAT SWIG SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
adapted from plum street collective
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 cups flour
(note: This makes a ton of frosting. It is definitely for those who love to slather it on thick. you can always 1/2 the recipe and still have enough - if you aren't a huge frosting lover.)
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 bag powdered sugar (2 lb bag) - if too runny, can add more
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, oil, sugar, water, vanilla extract, almond extract, and eggs in a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Add to wet mixture little by little, continuing to mix along the way.
- Make into 2 Tbsp sized balls. Align on cookie sheet and chill for 20 minutes.
- Put 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl (this is additional sugar, not listed above)
- Take cookies out of refrigerator and dip the bottom of a glass into the bowl of sugar. Carefully flatten each cookie, giving them rough edges.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Let them sit and rest on the pan for 5 minutes after you take them out of the oven. They will continue to cook as they sit.
- Frost after they have completely cooled. Some people put them in the refrigerator to cool, and then frost them. This is optional.
- Cream together butter, sour cream and salt
- Slowly add in powdered sugar
- Add in milk, extracts, and a few drops of food coloring to make a pink color
- Frost cookies when they are completely chilled
- Keep in the refrigerator in a sealed container
WHERE WOUOLD YOU LIKE TO GO NEXT:
Jun 17, 21 02:51 PM
Celebrate with a train baby shower! Adorable train decoration ideas, cakes, DIY train favors and more!
Jun 17, 21 02:49 PM
The best baby shower menu ideas to impress your guests! Free printable recipe cards! Brunch, appetizers, punch & more!
Jun 17, 21 02:47 PM
The Best Baby Shower Games - Printable Games - Keep Guests Entertained With Simple, Uncorny Shower Games!
Jun 17, 21 02:44 PM
Pink Elephant Baby Shower Theme Ideas With Pink and Gray Chevron!